Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Monday, January 02, 2006

Setting the Bar Low

I hate New Year's. It's one of the holidays that, like prom, always holds the promise of being awesome, but never ends up living up to the hype. You wind up hungover, $200 poorer and pissed off that you expected so much out of it only to be disappointed. Or maybe that's just me.

So this year, I decided to go into New Year's with very low expectations. My only goal was to not be surrounded by assholes at midnight and to not spend more than $40.

And, lo and behold, it ended up being one of the more entertaining New Year's I've had. When the clock struck 12, I was with good friends and other assorted non-obnoxious people, and I only spent $20. Sweet.

I think this bodes well for 2006.

Things to do in January:
--Finally watch Boondock Saints, Happy Gilmore and Tommy Boy. I know, I know, I'm a terrible, terrible human being for not having seen them before.
--Actually make use of my gym membership.
--Use Jedi mind tricks on Kristin so she does not suck me into being addicted to yet another television show.
--Hang out with more has-been rock stars.
--Decrease the sugar-to-blood ratio coursing through my veins (current count: 3 parts sugar to one part blood).

Happy birthday to Jess, Erick, Amy, Courtney and Lisa :)

5 Comments:

  • you've never seen happy gilmore? or tommy boy?? i'm shocked... and horrified! actually, i shouldn't talk, i've never seen black sheep.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • I actually almost bought Tommy Boy at Best Buy the other day. Man, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to watch episode 1 of VMARS today. And what? You have not effing seen Happy Gilmore? You never told me that. I am going to go on Half.com ASAP and hunt these movies down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Happy New Year Y-vonne. Thanks for being cool and shit.

    Werd.

    By Blogger Seb, at 10:18 PM  

  • If you check out www.q101.com- they have a contest to win the Tommy Boy DVD! I know how you like winning!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • well, i own 2 of these. maybe during our week of extreme laziness and slacker-ing activities, we'll watch them.

    then again, we might be too tired.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home