Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Tuesday, December 13, 2005


Why can't this be love?
My brush with superrockdom yesterday rocked. As you can see, Mr. Anthony is quite a short man, but he has a big heart (as well as a big goatee and a big mullett.)

Highlights included:
-Alana and I making fools of ourselves on Mancow when a guy shoved a mic in our faces; Alana blanked on the name of a Van Halen song and I announced Eddie Van Halen as my favorite VH singer (I thought the guy asked my favorite VH member).
-Meeting a guy who looked and acted exactly like Wayne Campbell. I kept expecting him to tell us to party on.
-Getting to hear about how Michael Anthony proposed to his wife in a McDonald's drive thru.
-Eating tons of awesome food, most of it fried and/or greasy. If only I had been hungover, it would have felt like being in college all over again. Because I always hung out with rock stars in college. In case you didn't know.
-Having several mullett sightings.
-Having him sign a CD to my mom: Loretta, ya doll! Love, Michael Anthony.
-Him telling us that "Eddie has issues, so a VH reunion doesn't look too good, but me and Sammy are working on a bunch of stuff." Van Halen gossip! Score!
-Turning Michael down when he asked me to come on tour with him. OK, that didn't actually happen. He asked me, but I haven't turned him down yet. I told him I need time to think about it.

All in all, a rockin' afternoon. Thanks to my comrade in rock, Alana, for accompanying me; we were by far the coolest people at that table (other than Michael Anthony, of course).

3 Comments:

  • Yvonne forgot to tell you- but if you look closely at the monitors behind Yvonne and Michael- there is the word "HEAD" just about everywhere. Hmmmmmmmm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

  • That's a cute picture! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • well, did he ever catch on to the fact that you're a fake? and did he sign the boobs or what?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home