Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Friday, December 02, 2005

So I was having a drink with my girl AL last night, and she tells me about a guy she recently met, a friend of a friend who was wearing a wedding ring when she met him. Naturally, she assumed he was married. It turns out he was single; he just wears the ring to the bars because he thinks it makes women feel less threatened by him, like he's not going to try to pick them up, so they can just be themselves. Once they open up to him, he drops the bomb that he is, in fact, single. Apparently, this has been a successful tactic for him on several occasions.

Is this guy for real? And do real, live girls actually fall for this?

Have you ever made up a story this ludicrous to pick somebody up at a bar, and it actually worked? Because I would love to hear about it. And meet the idiot who fell for it. Hopefully you are not dating said idiot now. Because that would make you an idiot, too.

On a side note: I'm feeling agressive today. This kind of describes my mood, although the people I most want to beat down are not metioned on the list...Don't worry. It's not any of you. Probably.

4 Comments:

  • I think wearing a wedding ring if you are not married is pretty strange. And it surprises me that the guy actually had a "game plan" to wear the ring as a psychological experiment. He is the type that would probably turn into a stalker or hack your computer or kidnap your dog. Or maybe not. I just think it's WEIRD.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • The real question is, when did Amber meet Giovingo? Seriously, though, at least that theory makes more sense than the girls wanting actual married men theory. I mean, at least the guy knows that for it to work he has to tell them he is single. It's still stupid. He'd probably totally duct tape you to his mattress and roll you inside an area rug, then throw you in a Dumpster. Then he'd go to his mom's house for dinner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • I guess he could try to explain it as 'well I'm just shy and it's easier for me to talk to girls if they think I'm married' ? Does that make any sense? I don't think he was a kidnap crazy guy, but he definitely was looking to get a piece of ass.

    Also on the side note thing. Pauly Shore is awesome and I don't know why anyone would want to kick his ass. I'm being serious people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 PM  

  • i once lied to a circus midget.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home