Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Monday, December 12, 2005



Right Now...I'm rockin' out with Michael Anthony

One of my favorite lame things to do is call in to win radio contests. I'm actually not too bad at it. I realize that dialing a phone number takes little skill, but I like to believe I have the Zusel Touch when it comes to these things. I've won many CDs and movie tickets over the years just from keeping my dialin' finger strong.

Well, last week it served me well yet again: I won a bottle of Michael Anthony BBQ sauce. You may be asking yourself, as I did while I was calling in to win the sauce, 'Who the hell is Michael Anthony?' Apparently, he is the bassist for Van Halen. Who knew? Sure as hell not me. I mean, I like Van Halen and all, I rock out David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar-style when Jump or Running With the Devil come on the radio. But I am by no means an uberfan. Which is going to be awkward come tomorrow, when I am set to share a two hour lunch with Mr. Anthony. Because, you see, when I won the sauce, I also qualified to win lunch with the man. And win I did. And I am going to go. I might not know much about him right now, but by the end of the lunch, I expect to know all the ins and outs, the nooks and crannies, of Michael Anthony Sobolewski. That's right, his middle name is Anthony, but he uses it as his last name. Didn't know that, didja? Well, neither did I until two seconds ago. The Internet is a beautiful thing. I want to know what makes the man tick. I want to know his hopes, fears and desires. Mostly, I want to know how he rocks a hard core mullet and still manages to look semi-cool.

I'm a little freaked out that he will quickly catch on that I am not The Biggest Van Halen Fan of All Time and be annoyed. That's why I'm planning on teasing my hair, wearing acid washed jeans and asking him to sign my cleavage. I figure I can blind him with my groupie imitation and get him reminiscing about the good ole' days.

Anybody have anything they want me to ask him or have him sign for them? Also, any Michael Anthony factoids that I can impress him with would be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck!

**BTW, if anybody would like to accompany me, I get to bring a guest. I just found out about this yesterday, so I haven't had a lot of time to find somebody to come. If you are free between 12:30 and 2:30pm tomorrow and you're interested, let me know.

2 Comments:

  • Ask him if he thinks David Lee Roth is sexier than Sammy Haggar and why.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

  • that...is....AWESOME.

    1) did you inherit the Zusel Touch from big poppa H?

    2) "keeping my dailin' finger strong". GROSS.

    3) why does the bassist for van halen have his own bbq sauce? was it delicious?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home