Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ms. Yvonne Goes to Washington

I just got back from a mini-vacation to Washington, D.C. with my mom and brother. We got to see a lot of cool things: the Washington Monument, Mt. Vernon, the Lincoln Memorial and a bunch of other memorials and museums.

But despite their majesty and historical significance, none could quite hold a candle to the one attraction I was bound and determined to see when I found out we were going to D.C.: The Puffy Shirt.

Housed in the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, the shirt is the centerpiece of one of my favorite episodes of "Seinfeld" and, in my opinion, one of the best episodes of television in the past 10 years.

I think it's telling that right next to the Puffy Shirt was a case with a pair of the Ruby Red Slippers from "The Wizard of Oz," and more people were gathered around the puffy shirt. Judy Garland is probably rolling over in her grave as we speak.

Other Seinfeld items I would have liked to see if it was a larger exhibit: The Black and White Cookie, the signed birthday card for George Steinbrenner, Kramer's jacket, Elaine's sponge.

2 Comments:

  • update your blog you whore

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • when you get here, you'll be (temporarily) living out the summer of george. how excited are you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home