Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Oh, That's Supposed to be a Costume?

So, as many of you know, Arizona is like another planet. At least it feels that way a lot of the time. Case in point: Halloween. I was warned about Halloween in Tempe by several people.

"In Tempe, most girls' idea of a costume is to take something totally normal and turn it into something completely slutty," was the basic consensus.

Yeah, that was the understatement of the century. We went to a "grown-up" party on Friday, so most people were dressed relatively demurely. "Ha," I thought. "This is nothing. Everybody looks very nice, actually." Flash forward to the next evening, when we attended a far less grown-up party, followed by the bars on Mill.

Pick your run-of-the-mill Halloween costume, and there was a slutty variation worn by at least one chick. I swear I saw a slutty nun. I'm not joking. Even the guys who thought it would be funny to dress in drag were in slutty drag. It was all quite amusing to me, especially since the group of friends I was with were all mostly covered up.

But, in the interest of full disclosure, I might as well say it: I was Slutty Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween. There it is. After spending the last two years dressed as a dude, albeit an awesome, kick-ass dude (If you haven't seen me dressed as Slash, you haven't lived), I decided to join 'em rather than trying to beat 'em. As they say, when in Tempe...

1 Comments:

  • how could you forget slutty suicide bomber?

    also, where did you find that picture of yourself? you know, being slutty...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home