Kicking Ass and Taking Names

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Kickin' It in Tempe

Sometimes hardworking girls like yours truly need a little R&R. For times like these, we turn to our cousins, lovers, confidantes in the desert to show us a good time. My cousin Jenifer was kind enough to host me this past weekend at her pad in Tempe, AZ, my possible future home. Why not? Home to Arizona State University, well known for its mass comm/journ program...who's to say it won't happen?

In any case, here are some highlights:

--Watching 3,235 billable hours of Arrested Development and undressing Jason Bateman with my eyes while doing so.
--Me never turning off a light when I left a room, followed by Jenifer asking if I was raised
in a barn. At one point, I thought I caught her not turning off a light, but was then put
in my place with, "Do you see where my hand is?"
--Buying Placenta Shampoo (or Champu de Placenta for our Spanish amigos) at the local dollar store: For those days when you just don't feel like there's enough afterbirth in your hair.
--Acting completely insane and ridiculous at Jenifer's birthday party
--Eating copious amounts of awesome Italian food at Buca de Beppo

All in all, it was quite the good time. And who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be kickin' it in my own house in Tempe. Yeeeeeeeah!!

1 Comments:

  • as i read this post, a year + later, several things come to mind
    1) wow, look at that foreshadowing. you should write fiction.
    2) i love being known as a "cousin, lover, confidante", it makes me so mysterious. but what's with the pluralization? is there another cousin of whom i need to be jealous?
    3) i heart jason bateman
    4) i can't believe you've left out the most interesting details involving batneck & stir stir. so rude.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home